Fexibility...

Fexibility...
Using my flexibility will help my dance flow better and will help in deepening my movements.

Wednesday 5 October 2011

What helps motivate me for ballet...

This is a painting I refer to when I get frustrated with Ballet in class. I painted this effectively for a friend, but it helps me when I can't grasp certain sequences in ballet, as I think to myself "I'm a dancer, I try my hardest at all times, I can paint a picture of a ballet dancer why can't I perform the technique of ballet with ease?". I then think to myself "Don't give up! You'll get it if you continue trying". This painting helps to show my emotion for ballet in the sense of colour; the dark background shows the struggle in capturing the technique and then the various colours in the dancer's tutu, shows the streaks in which I can use my flexibility or my attempts and determination to catch the sequences.

When I watch my teacher perform the sequences in class I always wish I could perform it as dainty and balletic as her, but as ballet is not my strong point, I struggle a lot of the time.

This painting of mine, gives me the motivation, encouragement and determination to be able to push myself into performing ballet with no difficulties.

Here are a few photos of improvements that I will explain about:

This is my perspective of what I though attitude was in ballet. As you can see my arms are not positioned correctly and my back leg is near enough in parallel. This is a poor attitude position.

This is an improved attitude, as my back leg is behind me and my knee is lifted. Also my standing leg is straight (Front View).

Side view.

In one of the readings Eye Flight there is a quote that Fin Walker of Walker Dance states;

"Being in the moment, connecting with the moment whatever that might be, even fear - not locking the moment - accepting and being with the fear. Secondly, it's about non-attachment, moving through it, not fixing. It's about existing in the body."

This quote really helps me when performing in ballet, as I tend to seize up and not relax into the movement. I have realised over these few weeks that I was scared of what everyone else in the class thought about my ballet, as I always thought that I was never good enough. But now that I have realised this, I have began to adjust my dance technique in ballet.

No comments:

Post a Comment