Fexibility...

Fexibility...
Using my flexibility will help my dance flow better and will help in deepening my movements.

Saturday 15 October 2011

Release Technique

In this lesson I feel like I can relax into my dancing and I am more confident performing this technique than any other. When I am in class I attempt everything 100% and I put all of my effort/energy into the phrases I am performing, but at the start of this class I was tired and I could feel muscle fatigue from previous dancing. As I could feel this I made sure I stretched out thoroughly before class began so that I would not cause myself an injury. This (stretching) also woke me up a bit as my body didn't feel as tight and I could relax my physicality and mind.

Due to feeling a little stiff and sore I gradually eased myself into the first exercise until my muscles felt warm and my pulse was slightly raised. I could then begin deepening my plie's and curves from the previous class of Release and I would think about what mistakes I made last time and try to alter them.

One of the exercise's include a press down from front support, which I am capable of doing due to my strength, but as I was aching I had to push through the little pain I had in my biceps.



Here is a picture of the muscles that work when performing the front support position to the press down. Due to myself knowing what muscles work and which of my muscles were sore, I performed my press downs in a different way to what other's in the class are probably able to do (due to my strength and knowledge of the muscles in the body); such as using my triceps to press down instead of my biceps (arm come closer to the body in a tricep dip).

In this class I could really feel tension and pain in my achilles tendon. This was painful when performing a rise but more so when performing a heel flex. This may have been due to overuse from previous training but also may have occured due to putting maximum effort in in class. I made sure that I kept stretching them out during class and inbetween each exercise to prevent injury. Aswell as stretching I would massage and knead either side of the tendon to bring comfort to myself.




Keeping in mind of the soreness that my body was going through I had to think mind over body so that I could get through each exercise. Through doing all of the things above, I managed to get into the sequences and by the final exercise I was able to perform to my max again. This taught me a lot about what my body goes through and how to prevent it in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment