Fexibility...

Fexibility...
Using my flexibility will help my dance flow better and will help in deepening my movements.

Wednesday 12 October 2011

Mona's technique (mixture of all techniques).

Due to our teacher not being in on this day we had a cover teacher who taught us her technique. This was a mixture of all techniques (very contemporary) so I had to focus more as it was more detailed. This technique began by a sequence that included twists, lunges and plie's. This was more my style of contemporary as it was very active and included varied dynamics.

This is a small sketch I did to show how our twists occured.


When performing the 'lunge' sequence we had to take as wide a stance as possible to work our quadriceps as much as possible. This is one of my strengths as I can use my flexibility to create a wide lunge and I have strong quads to help hold my position firmly.


I will paint a picture based on the final sequence, as this is what was illustrated in my head when I was performing this (dynamics made me think of this and illustrate the colours).

No comments:

Post a Comment