Fexibility...

Fexibility...
Using my flexibility will help my dance flow better and will help in deepening my movements.

Monday 14 November 2011

Release Technique with Mona


Today we began the lesson with a recap on what we did last time, trying to think about the ways in which the body moves. Performing with detail helps to improve and encourage the movement to become natural.

Today I was aching a lot as I participated in an Aerial Workshop yesturday, this brought attention to my muscles as I could feel what muscles were in use when executing certain movements. I tried my hardest to push through the pain barrier as I have to improve my technique. This was a nice experience as I know that my body has worked.

When performing one of the sequences, I could feel this pain throughout as it included rolling the shoulders and spiraling the spine, this effected my deltoid, lats, trapezius and triceps and biceps. Here is a video of my trying to push through this.


In this video you can see that I am struggling a little bit with moving my shoulders with ease, but I am continuing the movement. I could do with using my spiral more throughout the sequence and linking my legs when doing plies with the upper half. I compensated my arms for my wide lunges to help portray the performance side to the sequence.
Here you can see that I am 'in the moment' of moving the shoulders. You can see that I am attempting to twist the spine into a spiral from the initiation of my shoulders. My neck and head follow after this movement. I am in plie to help start the movement of the spiral.

Here I have finished the spirals and I am bent in plie with a flat back (that could be even flatter), moving the arm from straight to bent; holding the shoulder. From this position (as above) I will circle the elbow to pull me through a spiral to standing (as below).










From the picture (right) you can see that I am on my tip-toes with my hips forward to knock me off balance. My focus is on my arm behind me to help increase my spiral stretch. I could further this to help so a suspension before I fall into a lunge.

Here I have executed a plie to press up to a straight leg, pulling one bend infront of me. I could deepen my plie to increase my strength but also so a varied dynamic range.








This is the finishing position, here I could think about dropping my tailbone down to the floor more to increase the line from my head to feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment