Fexibility...

Fexibility...
Using my flexibility will help my dance flow better and will help in deepening my movements.

Sunday 13 November 2011

The Correct Attire Encourages the Performance...

Some main points I noticed today in ballet were:
  • To plie before beggining the sequence as it initiates the turn out.
  • Lengthening up and out of the waist prevents movement at the hips.
  • When performing tendu's, concentrate on turn out.
  • In bras bas remembering that the arm doesn't move past the centre of the stomach.
  • Presenting myself with the use of head (I forgot about this today).
Improvements:
  • Attitude; I struggled with this and always have until today when Shaun put me in the correct position so that I could feel the movement. I wasn't using my flexibility to the full as I thought that if I lifted my leg to my full range my hips would twist. As long as I keep in mind that I have to reach out of my waist, then my hips stay in the correct place. This brought forth an emotion of relief, as I was beginning to get frustrated with myself. I don't appreciate it when I come across something so simple, that I can't complete; I know everyone has strengths and weaknesses, but when this happens it is almost a challenge to eventually do it. 
I will keep performing attitudes out of lesson time, so I can perform this particular move with ease without looking in the mirror before hand.




    • Jumps; I usually strive to perform a ballet jumping sequence in the studio as I lose co-ordination, as I have previously mentioned. Today I was able to perform; sissonne, assemble x2, pas de bourree, chase, step x2, arabesque, run into maximum leaps. This helped me to believe in myself a lot more and was good for boosting my confidence.
    • Pirouettes; I feel like I have improved at my pirouettes, and performing a single is now easy. I could perhaps, push myself and attempt doubles. In doing this I need to not change my technique and if I do s, I need to go back to singles (thinking of spotting will help my to perform and complete this easily).
    • Dressing 'ballet' helps; Today I went in wearing white leggins, top, hair in a bun and I bought myself some Rhythmic shoes (I can use these for ballet and gymnastics). This made me feel more like a balletic dancer as I was wearing the correct attire. I felt more comfortable within the class, which helped to bring my confidence out. I had a sense of belonging inside the studio and felt a part of the class instead of an outsider in ballet (this is what I have always thought as I have never felt good enough).
    • Using flexibility to the full at my advantage; Attitude, stretches, grand battement and turn out in 2nd (this could be brought forward more). I can always push myself further every lesson with my flexibility and occasionally I forget this.
    • Including the body in dancing; Circular bras bas "giving it a way" is what my teacher always mentions in class when executing this move, as she is wanting us to use our upper bodies to 'show off'. This is the same for doing kicks at the bar, through moving the body but also using the face and head to present myself. Changement jumps in 5th include turning the body's position (from side to side). I am usually stiff as I think that ballet is about a 'good posture' and has to be upright and still, when actually it is about working the muscles to look relaxed.




    Here you can see my preforming a pirouette to lunge. I have improved a lot at my pirouette's, especially to finish in a lunge position.





    ...Here I need more practise.



    This is one of the sequences performed in ballet. I really struggled with this when we first performed it, but now I seem to have to hang of it and I am improving bit by bit as this is one of my main techniques I feel I need to improve on.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment