Fexibility...

Fexibility...
Using my flexibility will help my dance flow better and will help in deepening my movements.

Sunday 20 November 2011

Confidence is key!

In cunningham technique we perform a sequence that is more like release; here I perform to my best. When I am in class I think about what I did in the previous class and think about what corrections the teacher gave us so that I can perform them straight away.

This sequence consists of:
  • Plie's.
  • Tilts.
  • Spins/turns.
  • Balances/holds.
  • Lunges.
  • Kicks.
  • Shifts.
  • Rolls.
  • Spacial Awareness.
  • Flexibility.
  • Strength, these are all things that I am at more of an advantage on compared with the rest of the class, due to gymnastics.

    I try to make this sequence my own by altering various things and thinking about why I want to perform this sequence? And why I enjoy this sequence?
    • Change in dynamics.
    • Making the movements juicey and fluid.
    • To perform it using facial expressions and energy that shows.
    • Continuous movement.
    • Creating different angles.
    • Making some movements unexpected (sharp turns).
    • The admiration I have for the teacher's movements.
    Here is a quote that illustrates the above, "Feminist - New style". Bromley. D. pg 33. Modern Dance Bodies. (2002). University of North Carolina Press, United States of America.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment