Fexibility...

Fexibility...
Using my flexibility will help my dance flow better and will help in deepening my movements.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Release Technique.

Personal Goals...
  1. I need to concentrate on shifting my body around the space a lot more.
  2. I need to focus on making my curves deeper through breath.
  3. Focusing on linking my movements together with fluidity and ease.
Sensations that occured...
  • I managed to push my body to its limits in travelling and deepening my plies, which made me feel like I am on the way to achieving one of my goals.
  • When I released my weight into my movements, it helped to make my dancing look and feel a lot more full.
  • When we were doing brushes of the feet and tondu's I could feel every bone through my feet articulating and this abled me to concentrate on what the rest of my body was performing.
Emotions that occured...
When doing release technique I feel like I can relax my body into my movements easier than any other technique. This is one of my better techniques as I feel I can perform to my best because I can travel through the space quickly. I feel I can extend and play with the phrases set because I can use my flexibility, energy and momentum to lengthen my movements making everything bigger and larger. In release I feel that I don't have to stop the movement; it constantly flows and even when doing a plie, there is always that extra depth that I can take before continuing onto the following part of the phrase. I feel really involved when I perform Release Technique. It makes me happy.

 This is a video of me trying to travel, but this can always and will be improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment