Fexibility...

Fexibility...
Using my flexibility will help my dance flow better and will help in deepening my movements.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Introduction...

Hello, I am Hannah Goggin and I am a 3rd Year Dance Choreography Student at Northumbria University.

I am hoping to increase my ability in dance by listening, learning and also self criticism. This will hopefully show my strengths, weaknesses and improvements in what I do inside the dance studio. I am hoping to achieve goals set (weekly and termly) so that I can see progress in my choreographing and performance.

My strengths include:
  • Flexibility.
  • Strength in arms, abdominals and legs.
  • My determination has increased.
  • Motivation.
  • Performance is increasing.
My weaknesses include:
  • Improvisation.
  • Strength in my back is weaker than my abs, my back is flexible but not strong.
  • Ballet; jumps (co-ordination).
  •          ; footwork (landing flat footed in leaps in ballet).
  •          ; when I make a mistake I pull various facial expressions (make it obvious).
Personal Challenges.
I need to think about the muscles and bones moving and how it effects how I dance; this could either alter or improve my dancing and range of movements. With this I need to think about performing in ballet "showing off". Helping with my strength work, I need to increased the intensity of the muscle in my back.

Targets to achieve:
  • Improve overall in ballet.
  • Perform in ballet.
  • Using the feet as much as possible in all techniques.
  • Using my breath more.
Strategies for this:
  • Attend more classes outside of lesson time.
  • Build up the confidence to "show off" in ballet aswell as other techniques.
  • Using a theraband, stretching and practising moveing through the feet.
  • Think about deepening movement through breath.
My opinions on technique and the value behind it?
Improves you completly as a dancer.

A quote from Cirque Du Soleil explains the power behind why I dance;
                            "Creativity is the fire behind your success, and the centre of this creative energy are talented individuals with passion to challenge their own limits."

I am interested in how the inner body reacts and changes when I dance in the studio and I am beginning to recognise and apply this on a daily basis.