Fexibility...

Fexibility...
Using my flexibility will help my dance flow better and will help in deepening my movements.

Wednesday 28 September 2011

Limone Technique

Personal Goals:
  1. Challenge my body to the full.
  2. Use my flexibility in Plies and leg swings.
  3. Be more confident in class.
  4. Extending and holding y positions futher.
  5. Making my movements more juicey.
Skills:
  • Enthusiastic.
  • Willing to learn and push myself.
  • Flexibility.
  • Using weight in my dancing (making it grounded).
How I felt in class:
  • Energetic.
  • Fluidity throughout joints in my body.
Sensations I had in class:
  • 'Curves' felt relaxing with breath.
  • Twisting throught the spine felt intreging and indifferent.
  • Fluidity throught my movements.
  • Quirky and intricate movements through the feet sequences in parallel.
  • My turn out this year feels more relieving as it isn't an effort.
Emotions that occured in class:
  • Happy to be dancing.
  • Determination to achieve!
  • The passion to make my classes like a performance.
  • Expressing myself in my dancing.
New ideas for choreography?
I would like to make an interesting and quirky piece of choreography that is different and unexpected. I like the feel of intricate dance phrases and would also like to come up with something quite extraordinary myself. I like to use an eclectic mix of floorwork and normal standing work, involving the body parts which no one would think to use in fast movements. I would like to use weight in my movement phrases as I feel like this gives a full sense of what the body is portraying, alongside breath.

Anatomical knowledge I thought about...
I felt that using my breath helps when performing centre/core work, it releases and relaxes my body into the movement. I enjoy the twisting sensation that occurs in spiral work (which usually works alongside the abdominals) too help create a pulling feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment